I’m messing around with the look of my blog page to try and make it more personalized. So far, so good. I’m liking the white canvas and the ability to choose my own header above. So, this isn’t the final version but probably close to it!
Attention wedding planning bloggers!
For more inspiration and new ideas, visit the new Martha Stewart blog: The Bride’s Guide by Darcy Miller.
The categories listed are very helpful and you can go straight to entries regarding etiquette & advice, menu & catering, real weddings and stationary, just to name a few.
I have been tagged by fabulous Photographer Trista Lerit! This means it is my turn to give you all eight pieces of info. about me that are supposed to be interesting – well, you be the judge of that!
Numero Uno: I speak Spanish. I may not look hispanic but I am! When I speak to people in Spanish (which doesn’t happen often!) I get the strangest looks. And I get to hear what people talking about when they think I can’t understand them. I have surprised many people with a response when they thought they were being sneaky!
2. I had a complete life turn-around with the birth of my baby. I love the new me, but I get teased by my husband because it’s really funny when you compare the two. I love being a mommy so I welcome the change!
* Pre-baby: Mustang convertible, happy hours, movies on DVD, full bar at home, late nights, shopping five days a week, motto: If you follow all the rules, you miss out on all the fun.
* Post-baby: SUV with a “Baby On Board” sign, once a month Mom’s night Out with my mom’s club, Baby Einstein DVDs, a year old bottle of rum in my cabinet, going to bed at 9:30 pm at the very latest, lugging my coupon book to Ralphs for my grocery shopping, motto: Safety First.
3. Target has got to be my happiest place on earth. They have it all! And the one near me has a grocery section. I have gone just to get out of the house with baby and look around. I would say i’m there at least 3 times a week, I should be on their payroll.
4. I LOVE margaritas, wine, good beer and straight tequila. I would probably choose to have a good cocktail instead of a good dinner. When I go out to eat, during the drive, I am thinking “which drink should I get tonight?”
5. I donate money to animal charity groups every year and sometimes a few times a year. But I hate that I get 10,000 address labels and a “member” sticker every month from 100 other places because my name was sold! More power to any organization helping animals but a little privacy would be appreciated.
6. I’m a lipgloss addict. I probably have about 50 different glosses scattered about my home, car and purse. Each time I hear about a new product line “promising THE best lip gloss ever,” I am a complete sucker and will go buy it. I have bought the most expensive to the cheapest and I still look for the perfect “one.” The closest so far are Clinique Air Kiss and MAC Lip Glass in Oh Baby. Been using these two for years and love them.
7. My middle name is supposed to be Renee, as in the female version but unfortunately my folks didn’t spell it that way. So officially it is Rene.
8. I’m a list keeper. I have got to have a to-do list. It feels so good to cross stuff off my list! I have a notebook in my car, my diaper bag and next to the computer and yes, I utilize my cell phone’s note pad function.
I’m tagging the following fellow-bloggers:
So my husband and I are walking along the Downtown Disney shops, browsing and admiring when we happen to stroll into Illuminations. I see magnificent Halloween and Fall home accents and i’m thrilled! I think to myself…IF I had a big enough house, I would so be buying all this stuff!
Really though, who knows if I would actually buy these lovely decor treats, but I know one thing is for sure – I was inspired!
My favorite are the little glass pumpkins, which you can use in vases with water and candles to create a dramatic and glassy effect.
Take a look at these votive chandeliers – they looks so much better when you see them in-person! The metal has a bronze finish and the votive holders are made of hand-blown glass. You can add flowers or twinkle lights or greenery. Just gorgeous for the cocktail area or any outside patio!
Lanters for decoring any event table – casting a wonderful glow with the clear glass panes and copper finish. And you can hang or stand them!
Did you ever look for a magazine or a website where you could find a not-so-average party theme and see actual pictures and buy the necessary decor to bring it all together? Look no further! at Social Couture, you will find entertaining products with lots of examples to browse – grown up parties, baby showers, children’s parties and more.
The tabletop ideas are very inspiring and not very expensive (what a great combo!). It’s a party-in-a-box, of the best, modern sort and all you need to provide are the guests and food/beverages. Done.
Modern Bride has published their 11th annual survey of the hottest destinations around the world and here are the top ten. For the complete list, check out the magazine’s most current issue – included with the pick is a lot of great information.
1 – Italy
2 – Hawaii
3 – Tahiti (I can personally vouch for the dreamy blue lagoons!)
4 – Costa Rica
5 – Mexico
6 – France
7 – Maldives
8 – Anguilla
9 – Fiji
10 – Greece
I have updated the Lucky_Wedding_Day post with pictures from Jasmine Star. And even better, there are pictures of Rina & Nick’s first dance, which was awesome!
I’m so excited about today’s fab find! These boxes from White Aisle (http://www.whiteaisle.com/) are so beautiful and the pricing is pretty darn good too! All assembled, filled and tied for $2.75 each. Or DIY for only $1.50 each.
There are many choices of paper/design ranging from whimsical with a matte finish, baroque paper made in Thailand, silk papers from Nepal, paper handmade in India and many more. Definitely worth checking out the website. Here are some of my favorites….
Fresh flowers are an all-time favorite and can really make your wedding cake look divine, but I think the modern cake topper is climbing the ranks to stake its spot as a very popular alternative! You can have so much fun with colors and materials and tie the topper into your theme, if you have one.
These two are from White Crush (www.whitecrushwedding.com)
And here are some from Very Different Cakes (www.verydifferentcakes.com) that I absolutely love!
The menu at your event (particularly a wedding) is such a huge part of the celebration and you absolutely must enjoy the meal either during or after. How many couples remember actually getting the chance to sit down and enjoy dinner at their reception?
After all the effort you put into choosing the right selections and going to the taste testing, and making sure your guests are satisfied, you also need to make sure to take pleasure in enjoying the food.
I am always reminding my clients that they need to sit for just a while to relax, eat, and reflect on the day’s events. Just twenty minutes will do!
I will bring bags labeled for the bride & groom, which can be used by the catering or venue staff to pack a meal for each (if allowed) and individual servings of cake or other dessert that was served. And if i’m not there to ensure you get to eat or take it with you, just ask your caterer if they can pack two bags for the road! The little take out containers pictured above work just perfectly.